McHale Muldoon is the leading law firm in Ireland for handling Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) claims.
PPI has been mis-sold on a number of financial loans and contracts with banks including credit cards, car finance and mortgages.
The protective insurance can be a valuable product when the appropriate type is sold to a consumer who will benefit from it.
However, all too often banks, brokers and other middlemen have failed to sell PPI in the correct manner, often selling it to customers who couldn’t benefit from it or didn’t know it was included. This has resulted in a widespread mis-selling scandal where many lenders and brokers have made record payments of compensation.
The Central Bank has uncovered widespread mis-selling in relation to PPI and investigation is ongoing. For many people, they do not even realise that they have been mis-sold PPI until they seek advice. This is often because:
- They did not realise that they had been sold PPI.
- The PPI was not explained to them and so they were not aware that the PPI was not required and/or was of no use to them.
- Whereas some people were mis-sold for reasons such as:
- They were told that they had to have the PPI.
- They were not told that the PPI only provided cover the first part of a loan.
- They were not told that the PPI would only cover them in certain circumstances.
- The PPI was recommended to them when it was not appropriate to do so.
- How we can help
We have been dealing with the lenders and bankers for many years now and have developed an extensive knowledge of how they operate and what to expect from them.
We can offer a variety of arrangements to fund your claim which will depend on your circumstances.
If you are one of the consumers who has been taken advantage of and ripped-off it is important that you act now to ensure that you recover everything that you are entitled to.
We are often asked to comment in the media on this area. Please see some of the articles in our news section. Follow this link for a useful news clip on PPI. Look out for our Ciaran Quinn advising.
If you believe that you may have been mis-sold PPI contact a member of one of our experienced solicitors to discuss how we might be able to assist you. Call our Dublin office to being taking legal action today on 01 659 9405.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award of settlement.